Being a mom is a lot of work so learning some tips and mom hacks along the way makes life a little easier. Here are 21 of the best mom hacks to make parenting a little easier.
1) Loop zip ties around your stroller’s wheels to provide better traction in the ice and snow.
2) Keep your toddler busy by letting them paint the fence “toddler style” with water.
3) Use pool noodles to protect kids from injuring themselves on trampoline springs.
4) Avoid perpetuating gender stereotypes by providing kids with a mix of dolls and toy cars to play with.
5) Give your kids an empty box and crayons and let their creativity take over.
6) Keep marshmallows in a ziplock bag in the freezer for the perfect ouchie pack that is soft and not too cold.
7) Place a barley or bean filled glove on your baby’s back to let them feel loved when you need to step out of the room for a while.
Rice or any other dried grain will work too. After it’s filled, you can even put the glove in the microwave on high for 30 seconds to make it slightly warm.
8) Use animal toothpaste caps to make brushing their teeth fun.
9) Let your kids sit on a stability ball to help improve their posture and balance.
10) Illustrate a list of things you can never find around the house and let your kids go on a fun scavenger hunt to find them.
11) Keep your baby’s eyes dry and free of shampoo with a baby shower cap visor.
12) Draw a chart on a medicine bottle with a sharpie to keep track of dosages given.
13) Place colorful glow sticks in the bathtub to make bath time even more fun!
14) Make a DIY bottle holder so babies hold the bottle by themselves.
15) Place a fitted sheet with bags at each corner to keep the sand out at the beach.
16) When your kids start school, have them wear an oversized t-shirt with their graduating year on it. Take a picture every school year with the same t-shirt for a priceless souvenir when they finally graduate.
17) Detangle doll’s hair with hot water, shampoo, and conditioner.
18) Let kids use fabric paint to create custom gripper socks to prevent falls on slippery floors.
19) Cut a sticker in half and place each half in your kid’s shoes so they can learn to put them on the correct foot by themselves.
20) Wash your kid’s LEGO blocks once a month to keep germs at bay.
21) Place a straw inside a small medicine bottle hidden next to a soft drink can to trick kids into taking their cough syrup or other medicines.
Parenting tips go a long way so make sure to enjoy the ride because kids grow up so fast!
How To Easily Teach Multiplication Tables
How To Tell Your Twins Apart
No Bathtub? Here’s The Solution: Baby Pool In The Shower Cabin. It’s Also Handy When Traveling
BBQ Dad Hack
Use A Tent To Make A Sandpit. You Will Be Able To Close It During The Night To Keep The Cats Out
Carseat Hack That Could Save Lives
I Took A Rectangle-Shaped Tupperware And We Made ‘Snow Blocks’ For An ‘Igloo’. My Boys Absolutely Loved It
Although We Tell Our Daughter To Not Run Into Parking Lots, It Doesn’t Mean She Is Going To Listen. I Bought This Car Magnet And It Has Been A Miracle Worker. She Loves Keeping Her Hand On The Bright Colors While Waiting For Mom And Will Try So Hard To Match Her Fingers To The Magnet’s
My Toddler Was Busy For Over 30 Minutes Playing With These Window Stickers On The Plane. Easy To Pack, Fun For Them, And Cheap!
Keep A Cheap Potty Chair In Your Car Along With A Few Diapers. If Your Child Needs To Go To The Bathroom When There Isn’t One, Open A Diaper And Put In The Bottom Of The Potty Chair. When He Is Done, Wrap Up The Diaper And Done. No Mess
If You Have To Bring Your Stroller Indoors Put Shower Caps On The Wheels To Prevent Bringing The Dirt Inside
Inventive Dad Of The Day
Put Masking Tape On A Carpet For Your Kid To Play With Toy Cars
When Giving Meds, Write Out All The Planned Dosages On The Bottle Before Starting, Then, As Each One Is Given, Mark It Off. Eliminates Any Issues That Might Arise From Sleep-Deprived Forgetfulness
In Need Of A Little Bit Of Hands Free Time? Place Your Baby In Front Of The Washing Machine For A Whole New World Of Entertainment
Ask Your Child To Sort Little Things Like Felt Balls Or Colourful Pasta Into A Muffin Pan
French Fry Apples Anyone? When Your Toddler Doesn’t Want Apples, Cut Them Like This And Pretend You Made Apple French Fries
When Your Kid Is Asleep But You Need To Eat…
Parenting Done Right
When You Go Out, Color Code Your Brood. Makes It Easier To Spot Them In The Crowd
Use Bottle Nipple As Medicine Dispenser
If You Have A Kid With A Walker, Use Pool Noodles As Bumpers To Save Your Walls And Ankles
Clean Non-Electronic Plastic Toys In A Dishwasher
Bring Crayons To The Doctor When Your Kids Have A Check Up. It Keeps Everyone Distracted During Wait Times
Sprinkle Some Cinnamon In A Sandbox To Keep Bugs Away
In A Super Pinch, Suitcase Can Double As A Sleeper
Use Shoe Storage Bag To Store And Organize Legos By Color
Disposable Gloves Hack
Painting The Fire Station Floor
A Frozen Sponge In A Ziplock Is The Perfect Way To Keep Kids Lunches Cold
Does Anyone Else Use The Bathtub (Minus Water) As A Play Pen When Having A Shower?
Mom Tip: Yogurt Plus Food Coloring = Safe Edible Paint
Put Up A “Spy Window”. Very Time You Want To Check On The Kids You Won’t Need To Go All The Way Down The Stairs
Put A Paper Sheet In A Ziplock Bag Together With Some Paint And Let Your Child “Paint” Mess-Free
Attach A Sippy Cup To Your Kid’s Car Seat. This Way You Won’t Have To Turn Around And Pick It Up Every Time Your Kid Drops It
Knit A Childproof Door Knob Cover To Avoid Getting Locked Out Or To Keep Children Away Of Entering Certain Rooms
Ask Your Keiki For A Toy They Want The ‘Switch Witch’ To Bring Them. Halloween Night When They Go To Bed All Their Candy Goes Next To Their Pillow. Switch Witch Arrives While They’re Sleeping And Switches Their Candy For The Toy
When Getting Out Of The Car By A Road Or In A Car Park, Ask Your Child To Touch ‘The Spot’ Aka The Fuel Cover Thingy! Especially Helpful For Anyone With Multiple Children Trying To Get Everyone Out Of The Car!
Sometimes I Have To Disguise Oatmeal Within A Banana To Get My Child To Eat. He’s Been Eating The Same Bite Of Banana And New Oatmeal This Whole Time
Teach A Child To Hold A Pencil Using A Kleenex
Use Shopping Cart Restraints To Secure Your Toddler’s Sippy Cup
Carry An ‘Out Of Order’ Sign In Your Wallet At All Times In Case You Encounter An Unexpected Delay Machine
Make An Instant Art Bib With Cling Film